A successful family to me is one where all members feel respected and accepted. Cooperation is built because of emotional connection and a commitment to developing healthy relationships. As a result, family members can discuss concerns and solve problems together. When parents need to direct children towards more socially acceptable behavior, it is done with teaching rather than punishment.
Here are the 7 key concepts of the parenting philosophy that I teach in my classes and use in my private parenting education coaching sessions.
- Develop loving and connected life-long relationships between family members by evaluating your interactions with this question, “Is what I am about to say or do going to build or break the relationship?”
- Nurture with unconditional love, support personal growth, and protect children from physical and emotional harm.
- Use non-judgmental listening in order to create a connected and accepting environment for problem-solving or for correcting misdirected behavior.
- Create a balance between nurturing the relationship and structuring the environment.
- Embrace an Ally Parenting Approach where children feel you are at their side rather than against them.
- Choose the appropriate parenting role for each situation; either a director, collaborator, or supporter.
- View parenting and family challenges as opportunities for everyone’s personal growth.
I have written many articles that will guide you on how to develop the mindset and skills to create a successful family.
Go to my
blog page to get a list of important articles to read.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to download “The 7 Most Common Phrases Parents Say That Stop Kids From Listening”! You’ll also receive my weekly emails where you will learn how to transform annoying conflict into loving cooperation in your home.
Cynthia is available for private coaching sessions so you can quickly get the answers you need and make those much need changes right away. Click HERE for a complimentary 45-minute Fast-Track Clarity Session to learn what you can do now to create more harmony in your home.
Copyright 2022 – Cynthia Klein, Family Happiness Expert – Coach, speaker, and author of Ally Parenting: A Non-Adversarial Approach to Transform Conflict Into Cooperation. Learn more about Cynthia’s services and contact her at her website, https://bridges2understanding.com. Contact Cynthia for permission to reproduce any information from this article.