I am so excited to announce a collection of upcoming events this fall, here on the West Coast!
They are brought to us by Girls Leadership, a group that is working to equip young women of all ages with the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
Something I think we can all agree is so important right now!
You can check out more about them using the link above, but in case you don’t like clicking links…
They focus on four central values: Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity & Play.
One of their unique characteristics is that they not only work with girls, joining together with primary influencers in their lives…parents, teachers and caregivers, to foster a truly sustainable relationship.
They also stress that they aren’t in the business of defining what makes any one individual, “a girl”, and want anyone who self-identifies as female to come and participate.
Joining together to help young women understand that leadership isn’t just something you gain in formal roles, but an opportunity to take the lead in all relationships, even at a young age.
I encourage anyone who can make the events below, to take the time and try to bring a young girl in your life…it could be truly inspiring.
Check out the events page for more info, or take a look at the posts below for a brief summary of dates & times.
Grades K & 1
Tools For Sunny & Cloudy Days With Friends
- Week 1 – Friendship Toolbox
- Week 2 – Sharing Feelings & Body Language
- Week 3 – Mistakes, We All Make ‘Em
- Week 4 – Courageous Relationships
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…San Jose (10/10 to 11/7); San Francisco (10/15 to 11/5); Oakland (10/21 to 11/18); San Rafael (11/6 to 12/4); Los Altos (11/6 to 12/7); Menlo Park (1/13 to 2/10); Mountain View (1/27 to 2/24)
Grades 2 & 3
Nine Tools For True Friendship
- Week 1 – Standing Up For Yourself
- Week 2 – Sharing Feelings
- Week 3 – Double Sorry
- Week 4 – Choices For Friend Trouble
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…San Jose (10/10 to 11/7); Oakland (10/21 to 11/18); Mountain View (10/29 to 11/19); San Rafael (11/6 to 12/4); Menlo Park (1/13 to 2/10); San Jose (3/19 to 3/30)
Grades 2 & 3 (Course II)
Brave Goals & Balanced Friendships
- Week 1 – True Friendship Inside & Out
- Week 2 – Self-Care And Managing Emotions
- Week 3 – Conflict And Compromise
- Week 4 – Building Our Brave Muscles
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…La Fayette (11/5 to 12/3)
Grades 4 & 5
Four Steps For Getting What You Need
- Week 1 – Assertive Self-Expression
- Week 2 – Emotional Intelligence At Home
- Week 3 – Owning Our Mistakes
- Week 4 – Road Map For Conflict
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…Menlo Park (10/15 to 11/5); Oakland (10/21 to 11/18); San Jose (10/24 to 11/21); Oakland (11/6 to 12/4); San Carlos (11/12 to 12/10); San Rafael (11/12 to 12/10); Menlo Park (1/15 to 2/5); Mountain View (1/27 to 2/24); San Jose (3/3 to 3/24)
Grades 6, 7 & 8
Be Who You Are. Say What You Mean.
- Week 1 – Dealing With Difficult Friendships
- Week 2 – Emotional Intelligence
- Week 3 – Making Mistakes
- Week 4 – Four Steps For Healthy Conflict
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…San Carlos (10/30 to 11/20)
Parent Education Night (The Only One)
Raising Resilient Girls
- Talking About Your Own “Not so happy” Feelings
- Sharing Your Mistakes
- Helping Your Daughter To Solve Her Own Problems
- The Good Girl Phenomenon
Availability: (sign-up by the initial date, please)…San Francisco, 10/16 6:30 to 8 PM.