Stop Struggling Virtual Workshop – Learn How to Turn Conflict Into Cooperation with Cynthia Klein
Stop Struggling is a virtual interactive workshop with me, Cynthia Klein, is for parents of 5 – 16 year olds who wants more harmony in their home and are determined to make this happen. For you, “good enough” isn’t good enough. You want to learn how to pick the most effective strategies for each parent-child conflict so you can be happier with your kids.
Once you’ve chosen the right solution with my guidance, then voila! I’ll guide you to Improved family cooperation with only a few new thoughts and actions. Who knew it could be so easy? (I do!)
Limited to 12 attendees
3 Thursdays: Nov. 9, 16, and 30, 2017 – Skipping Thanksgiving week
12:00pm – 1:30 PST.
12:00 – 1:00pm is interactive instruction.
1:00 – 1:30 is one-on-one group coaching along with Q&A and is optional. Classes are recorded for future reference or if you miss a class.
$75 for the 1st person
$60 for the 2nd person (parenting partner) when registering together.
Register early for the early-bird special by Sunday, Nov. 5
$65 for the 1st person
$55 for the 2nd person (parenting partner)
This class is based on my book, Ally Parenting: A Non-Adversarial Approach to Transform Conflict Into Cooperation, which can be purchased in soft-cover or ebook at various on-line sources. You may also buy it from me. Reading assignments are suggested each week to propel your success.
Stop Struggling Workshop Outline
The workshop goal is for you to learn how to effectively evaluate the cause for a repeating parent-child challenge, select an effective solution, and then implement the solution. Prior to the workshop, you will complete an online assessment of your current parenting approach, so I can understand what you need to learn. Private coaching is available during the workshop at a reduced price.
Workshop #1 on Nov. 9
- Understand your parenting role: Director, Collaborator, or Supporter
- Determine why your child does what she does. What are the goals she is trying to accomplish with her negative behavior?
- What are your current beliefs that cause you to act ineffectively and what will be your new flexible thoughts be?
Workshop #2 on Nov. 16
- What are you saying that is causing your child to shut down, get more upset, or unwilling to solve problems with you?
- How best to respond so communication stays open and you effectively influence your child towards cooperation.
- I’ll suggest which strategy or strategies to try based on your specific challenge. The strategies are in Ally Parenting. Based on the participants challenges, I will give strategy specifics during the 1 – 1:30 period.
- You will have two weeks to practice until the 3rd
- During this time, you may hire me for private coaching sessions at a reduced fee.
Workshop #3 on November 30
- Each person will check in on their progress.
- According to your needs, I will teach specific strategies.
My goal for this workshop is for you to feel confident and powerful because you’ll know what changes to make and that when you change, your child will change positively in response. Fear and doubt will start to melt away and be replaced with trust and confidence in yourself.
I would be thrilled to guide you to greater peace in your home because this is where World Peace begins – with you and your relationships in your family.
About Cynthia Klein
Cynthia Klein is an expert parenting educator working with parents of children aged 5 – 25 since 1994. She designs parenting education workshops for organizations, along with private coaching, and professional speaking to improve parent-child connection, communication, and cooperation.
Cynthia has compiled her sage advice from more than one thousand parenting classes and coaching sessions into her book Ally Parenting: A Non-Adversarial Approach to Transform Conflict Into Cooperation. Her book also includes stories of raising her daughter, Jen, who is now a very capable and self-sufficient young adult.
Cynthia graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a BA in child psychology, then earned a teaching credential and a certificate for training adults. Her philosophy empowers parents and gives them the tools to turn family conflicts into cooperation.
You will learn more by visiting her website bridges 2 understanding. Please note that the website is in transition to being mobile friendly so pleasa click Full Version on the bottom of your mobile device to view correctly.
I look forward to meeting you online!